Thursday, October 18, 2012

Decorating with a Throw Pillow.





 
 
 

I went on a much needed vacation earlier this month. And for part of my two weeks off, I visited the sites from a string of little towns in the surrounding area, and stopped at all the cutesy stores, and Mom-and-Pop Restaurants, I could along the way.

But having travelled farther than expected, and after enduring such an enjoyably, fun-filled day as I had, I checked into a hotel to avoid the sure to be exhausting drive home. And I couldn’t have been more excited to get to the room.

But then I found out about the hot tub! Of course I suddenly felt awake. lol.

Well anyway, as I was walking to my room I saw a lounge chair fashioned with a decorative pillow.

And I thought, "Our chair in the computer room needs one of those."

So when I got home the next day, I collected some material and went to work.

I was not sure what kind of design to create, but I knew I wanted some form of orange as the color, and to make the pillows reversable. I figured if I designed each side differently, I could slightly change the look of the room, from time to time, simply by rotating the pillow face. And because the Art/Craft Room across the hallway has a rich-orange color theme, the rooms would also tie in nicely togethor by way of the Sewing Room’s throw pillows.

All in all, the pillow was a success. I finished the project very quickly, with inexpensive, recycled materials.


 
 
If you would like to purchase the pillows above, each pillow size is 18 in. x 15 in.

No comments:

Post a Comment