Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Selecting a Theme for the Spare Bedroom.





Yesterday was one of those days. I was plenty rested, but I was definately not feeling like my usual jovial self. And the day was rainy, so my spirits were low. To make matters worse, the tiring drag of a lingering boredom was starting to settle in. So I lazily made my way down the stairs, and meandored through the basement for a while.

I was looking for anything I could find in the house as a way to spark my imagination. But after picking up this and looking at that, my mind was exhausted from trying to come up with an answer. So I resigned to the fact, I had no clue what I wanted to do and crawling upstairs to the computer was my only answer.

I was in luck!

While searching the internet, I found a picture of an adorable, little chair, and I knew right away I found my idea. And since I had an old chair and some left over paint in the basement, I could start right away.

But when considering the kind of scene to paint, I first had to choose a room to put the chair in. I decided the spare bedroom needed the most attention. But there was no theme for the guest room. How was I going to decide on a scene without a topic?

Personally I wanted a theme serving two purposes, allowing for a more memorable stay, and helping our guests' to better understand the region we live in. So because there are a high number of cranes in the area, from the lake nearby, I felt the image of a crane would serve nicely. And after finding my topic, I painted on the Baby Blue paint color to compliment the rooms already dark, blue walls.

Once the project was finished, I was very pleased with the results.

The chair turned out great!

AND I forgot about those rainy day blues.

No comments:

Post a Comment