Yesterday morning, I went through the house searching for any little improvements I could make. You know, maybe I could do a touch up here or make a tiny adjustment there....Boy, I was off!
After a while I found myself in the living room. And when scanning over the room, I noticed how the bare, bricked chimney wall, in combination with the large room and vaulted ceilings, created a wide, open space above the fireplace. The naked wall needed to be filled with some kind of decor.
I thought, "No. I am not going to put a huge painting on top of the fireplace mantle."
But then, shortly after as I was PAINTING the peice, I realized I actually WAS going to take on the big challenge." Good grief. But first, I did some research.
I didn't know what style of painting to go with, so I visited a number of different sites before finding an article I completly agreed with. Lilia Parker, an inspirational articles expert, wrote in her article The Benefits Of Abstract Painting, how"Abstract pictures can provide a stark accent to unobtrusive, soft décor." Perfect! I have; cushy, vanilla carpet, light, khaki colored furniture, and quiet, brown support beams overhead throughout the room.
"Yikes! Now I need to find a color," I thought. "I have not even painted the walls in the living room yet, how am I going to pick a color?!"
I quickly decided browns, and a variety of off colors would match the decor best. So, not having to work until later I started painting right away.
---If you are curious why these silly, weird paintings are so popular, visit submityourarticle.com and read the 01 Sept. 2008 article entitled The Benefits Of Abstract Painting.
http://articles.submityourarticle.com/the-benefits-of-abstract-paintings-40004
**If you would like to purchase this painting, contact me through email. Because of the details involved when shipping a product of this size, I will need to gather some information to obtain a fair shipping price. Thank you.**
No comments:
Post a Comment